When the summer comes, sun goes up and gets stronger, it is important to find proper protection for eyes especially if you have a prescription. Wearing regular ones will cause your forehead to wrinkle and you may experience a headache if you neglect wearing protection.
You should consider finding prescription sunglasses that will provide you a combination of prescription and regular ones so that you can see everything clearly and protect yourself from the sun.
It is challenging to wear contact lenses in combination with regular sunglasses because it is a hassle, it may irritate your eyes and cause strain, which is uncomfortable and painful.
Therefore, you should get prescription protection, which will allow you to hang around beaches and enjoy throughout the summer days.
Why Do You Need Them?
If you did not have time to research for their features and how they work, you should stay with us to learn more about them. The things you will get with them include:
- Optical Clarity – first thing, that you should get with these sunglasses is the ability to see based on the prescription that you have. Therefore, you will be able to see during the bright daylight, which is something that you will not get with regular ones you are already wearing.
- Eye Protection – Sunglasses will eliminate unwanted blue and UV light, which is the main reasons why you feel fatigued and discomfort during the sunny days. However, we recommend you to find the frames that will offer you 100% UV protection as well as blue light protection, while at the same time, you will get shield against dirt, insects and dust particles.
- Contact Issues – If you wear contact lenses, you probably know the hassle that comes with them such as regular maintenance, the possibility to cause irritation and strain, and finally high price tag when compared with other options. On the other hand, you can choose sunglasses that will protect your eyes and provide you perfect sight so that you can avoid handling contacts altogether.
- Convenient Solution – You will get two pairs of glasses in one piece, which is a more convenient solution than placing lenses and regular shades over them.
- Fashion Statement – Having sunglasses was the fashion statement from the very beginning, which means that you can use them for expressing yourself to the public. You can find numerous brands and styles on the market so you will be able to find a perfect pair based on your style and face shape.
If you wish to check out the guide that will help you understand how to buy the proper glasses for your face shape, you should click here for more information.
Things You Didn’t Know About Prescription Sunglasses
- You Can Find Bifocals – Even though people think that there are limited options when it comes to prescription shades, the truth is completely different. The fact states that you can get interesting shapes and sizes similarly as regular ones, including bifocals in case that you want it.
- You Can Get Progressives – If you need a full progressive prescription, you do not have to worry because most brands are using digital progressives, which will ultimately result in a better and wider vision section.
- You Can Find Polarized Glasses – Have in mind that polarized filter is placing the film over lenses, which will not affect the prescription sunglasses that you decide to choose.
What Are Photochromic Lenses?
There is a difference between prescription sunglasses and photochromic lenses that you will get on regular eyewear. It is a great solution because they are clear when you are indoors, and they will darken automatically when they are exposed to sunlight.
Therefore, we can say that they are adaptive to light. They work based on ultraviolet radiation that causes molecules to darken when they come in collision or contact. Since UV rays have the ability to penetrate clouds, these lenses will darken on sunny days.
However, the main problem with them is that they will not darken when you are driving a car because windshield glass will block UV rays.
According to the latest technology, some lenses can be activated by both visible and invisible UV lights, which mean that you can use it behind the wheels.
Of course, you should talk with your optician before you make up your mind to help you narrow your search down.